The micro-blogging service Twitter has been getting a huge amount of visibility recently. For those that have missed the storm, it is a web service that lets you publish short messages (of up to 140 characters) to the world… It’s a lot more than that, but the only way to find out is to dive in. I can be hard to get going, so I thought I’d provide a jump start for bassists wanting to connect with other bassists. Starting with a friendly community helps you get going on the service even quicker!
Here’s your X step program to get you started with Twitter, if you want to!
- Sign up to the service (it’s free and pretty easy – you might want a little picture of you to hand for your profile).
- Find me: Benjaminbass (where I tweet bass stuff!) and click on follow.
- Check out some of the lovely bass folks I get the privilege of listening to: following and followers.
- You can also follow the bass guitar blog’s twitter feed. I’ll be tweeting things there that are too short for the blog.
- Say hello, in 140 characters, type “@benjaminbass” and tell me about yourself!
See you in Twitter land – And here of course!