Accugroove were busy with news at NAMM too… The new Accugroove Synergy power amp was on display, along with a cabinet featuring carbon fibre (graphite) coned 6 inch mid-range speakers (so now you can have graphite in your cabinet as well as graphite in your bass’s neck). You’ll have to hurry though – it is a strictly limited edition of 10 cabs. Again thanks to Steve Lawson for this pic, Steve says they sound incredible!
The Synergy power amp is a new NAMM introduction for 2009. It is available stand-alone or built-in to a Tri series cabinet (Tri 112L Combo w/ Synergy, Tri 115L Combo w/ Synergy, Tri 210L Combo w/ Synergy.). On its own, the Synergy amp weighs in at 10 lbs and delivers 1,100 watts in to a 4 Ohm speaker. That’s a lot of bass in one box! It measures 17” x 13” x 3.5” – about 2 Rack Spaces (there are optional rack ears available). The Preamp is a hybrid design (solid state, combined with a 12AX7 tube input stage), the Power Amp stage is a Class H amplifier.
Accugroove describe it as “the only amp you’d ever want on a desert island.” – I’m not gigging on a desert island anytime soon, but it still looks like a nice amp and a very attractive addition to the Accugroove line up (I have a Tri 110L which I am very happy with). It is high-power, but still very portable. A straight up amp with the bonus of valve warmth delivered in that Accugroove “hear your bass as it is” way. Full specs:
- 1000W @ 2 ohms;
- 775W @ 4 ohms;
- 450W @ 8 ohms
- +0dB, -5dB: 20Hz-20kHz
- Damping Factor: >500
- 2 Neutrik Combo Speaker Jacks (Speakon & ¼”).
- ¼” Tuner out/ Headphone, ¼” Pre-EQ Effect Send and a Return.
- Jenson XLR balanced out with a ground lift switch, Pre/Post Switch & Level.
- I.E.C. Power Connection (there is a cooling fan on the side – a quiet one!)
- Inputs: 1 – ¼” Passive and 1 – ¼” Active (-12Db)
- Mute Switch with LED Indicator.
- EQ Bypass Switch with LED Indicator.
- Input Gain (Volume) w/ LED peak Clip Light.
- Master Gain (Volume) w/ 3 LED Signal & Clip Indicators
- Power on/off Switch with LED
- 4 Band EQ
More on the Accugroove site.